Documentation Controller/CAD Designer III
SUMMARY: Responsible for support of ATEK Access Technologies products during development and after release - ensuring they meet customer, project, quality, and manufacturability requirements. Support existing products and manufacturing processes by providing complete and accurate documentation of all assemblies and components and the control of all such documentation including Bills of Materials (BOMs), technical drawings, and specification documentation. Work closely with all departments to achieve quality, performance, schedule, and cost goals.
WAGE TYPE: Salary, Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- New product development involving the definition, qualification, and release of new products.
- Customer, manufacturing and existing product support
- Implementing product and manufacturing continuous improvements.
- Establish, own, and coordinate achievement of goals for assigned projects.
- Actively communicate significant issues and developments identified during support activities and provide thoroughly defined alternatives plus recommended courses of action to management.
- Product Development (PD) Support:
- Assist product development efforts with:
- Idea generation and feasibility analysis
- Active participation as member in cross functional teams
- Develop and maintain full documentation of products, assemblies, and components
- Maintain all specification documentation and provide appropriate data files (i.e. Gerber files, drawings)
- Creates and maintains procedures for all tasks performed in this position
- Implements and administers Engineering Change Order (ECO) system including:
- Maintain documentation to easily track all product changes/history
- Creation and maintenance of all BOMs
- Assists with PD test and production tool/fixture drawings as requested
- Responsible for managing document control activities and programs, including, access control, storing, retrieving, updating, and reproducing engineering/manufacturing documents
- Maintain working knowledge of industry standards for industrial safety and automatic door mat markets and use it to produce solutions for customer mat applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Director of Product Development
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Minimum of two-year technical degree
- Training in the use of Autodesk Inventor
- 5+ years of product development work experience
- 3D solid modeling
- 2D drafting
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, GD&T
- Working knowledge of Solid Works
- Plastic molded parts design knowledge and experience
- Great organizational and administrative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced computer skills including an aptitude for ERP/MRPII and MS Office®Suite
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
ATEK Access Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.