Foundry Process Engineer
SUMMARY: Responsible for continual improvement of foundry molding processes to impact safety, quality and productivity.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and validate operating processes for existing products. Lead and complete continuous process improvement projects. Lead process-based problem resolution in support of day to day operations of the foundry. Work with design engineering to identify and resolve equipment and tooling-based issues. Develop and document operating instructions that maintain process control. Work with production processes to ensure that daily production runs meet quoted parameters including cycle times, product quality and scrap rates. Educate process operators on proper procedures and process control. Develop lean manufacturing methods throughout the facility. Responsible for all process related functions in support of foundry operations. Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned
- Reports to: Foundry Process Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High school degree or GED is required; engineering degree is preferred. Must have ten+ years foundry experience directly related to molding and process engineering
- Demonstrated experienced in molding process problem solving in a foundry environment
- Experience in the reduction of foundry process scrap
- Experience in delivering continuous improvement projects
- Aluminum foundry experience
- Six Sigma methodology experience
- Foundry automation experience
- Experience in core make and post molding processes (heat treatment, de-core, finishing)
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with employees
- Must be able to drive excellent results while maintaining positive and effective relationships with peers and subordinates
- Must be able to train operators for continued performance improvement
- Microsoft Suite
- Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.