Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician
SUMMARY: The Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician performs a variety of functions related to electrical controls, equipment, and wiring in our industrial manufacturing plant. Work will involve testing, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of the electrical components as well as general maintenance of industrial equipment.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely development and implementation of new and used equipment, process improvement, and building enhancement.
- Understand robotic automation.
- Create PLC programs and integration systems for new and used equipment.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required fabrication and installation on equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust when necessary.
- Perform PLC trouble shooting.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervises: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
- Must pass ATEK Functional Job Analysis and Pre- Employment Drug Screen for Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Associates degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance.
- National Career Readiness Certificate Preferred
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Frequent exposure to foundry like environment (high heat, dust, etc.)
- Some jobs require an employee to work outdoor in unfavorable climate.
- May be asked to travel within or out of the continental united states
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.