Industrial Maintenance Technician
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Shifts Available: 2nd and 3rd Shifts
WAGE TYPE: Hourly Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Must pass ATEK Functional Job Analysis and Pre- Employment Drug Screen for Maintenance position
- Associates degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance.
- Vacuum furnace experience preferred.
- National Career Readiness Certificate Preferred
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Frequent exposure to foundry like environment (high heat, dust, etc.)
- Some jobs require an employee to work outdoor in unfavorable climate.
- May be asked to travel with in or out of the continental united states
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.