Maintenance - Manufacturing Engineering Technician
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and production maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the operational goals and objectives. Assisting with the development of manufacturing processes, standards, and documentation as needed.
Shifts Available: 1st
WAGE TYPE: Salary, Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the facility’s equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform machinist and welder duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment
- Detect faculty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual and any unusual situations to the supervisor.
- Responsible for the Lock Out Tag Out Program and Machine Guarding
- Maintain and promote a safe and hazard free work environment-follow all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. This includes all customers, contractors, owners, suppliers, etc.
- Other duties as apparent or as assigned in support of the operational goals and objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety roles, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Statistics and higher-level mathematics
- High level of organization, self-motivation, and ownership of assigned duties.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Able to work both individually and as a team member
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
ATEK Access Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.