Maintenance Parts Clerk
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Parts Clerk is responsible to safely perform a wide variety of activities to ensure that the maintenance, repair and operation (MRO) parts storage area functions efficiently.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Maintenance Parts Clerk is responsible to safely perform a wide variety of activities to ensure that the maintenance, repair and operation (MRO) parts storage area functions efficiently. The Maintenance Parts Clerk will receive and maintain the parts inventory, assist with completing the cycle counts of MRO items, and assist the Maintenance Supervisor with maintaining inventory levels while ensuring good housekeeping practices. The Maintenance Parts Clerk will also assist with tracking of usage of parts in computerized maintenance management system (IQMS) as well as assembling kits of parts for planned maintenance overhauls. The Maintenance Parts Clerk will be expected to work with members of the maintenance team to help ensure MRO items are on hand to allow for execution of scheduled maintenance tasks on time. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Receive and store MRO items
- Distribute supplies to maintenance and janitorial staff
- Perform physical inventory and complete scheduled inventory reports of all MRO items
- Work with supervisors and managers to ensure repair and overhaul parts and materials are on site for scheduled maintenance tasks
- Request quotes from vendors to maintain predetermined stock levels of MRO items
- Track late orders and communicate to maintenance team status of backordered items
- Maintain proper recordkeeping related to all MRO items receiving, usage and inventory
- Responsible for receiving deliveries and verifying quantities against the packing slip, preparing shipping documents for items being shipped out via UPS, Fed Ex, etc.
- Assist maintenance staff with locating parts and tracking usage of MRO materials via work orders in the system.
- Assist supervisors and managers with documentation of maintenance activities via standard operating procedures or other technical documents
- Entering of Maintenance Work Orders
- Housekeeping and organization tasks as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervises: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High school diploma
- Experience in manufacturing maintenance department
- Prior experience in ERP systems
- Strong organizational ability
- Potential for irregular work schedules/overtime due to manufacturing fluctuating need
- Capable of lifting, carrying or moving various items that may weigh up to 75lbs
- Industrial Safety Experience
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with all employees and contractors
- Must be able to drive excellent results while maintaining positive and effective relationships with peers, customers, and visitors
- Ability to work effectively with vendors, while maintaining professionalism as a representative of ATEK
- Microsoft Suite
- Works in climate controlled office 80% of time. Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.