Molder / Melter
SUMMARY: Cast quality parts in a timely manner per ATEK Metal Technologies Process using low pressure permanent molding and/or tilt pour process. Troubleshoot and fix quality issues that may arise during the casting process. Melt aluminum to specifications and keep molders supplied with quality aluminum needed to operate the molding machines. Level 2 and 3 employees may cross-train into multiple molding and melting areas for both cylinder head and non-cylinder head products.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly Non Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow the OMS/ Process Sheets to mold high quality aluminum castings.
- Complete appropriate and necessary bench work on castings before sending castings to the finishing departments.
- Recognize and correct common defects without assistance.
- Ensure products meet the cosmetic standards.
- Operate the control panel correctly and maintain the mold spray.
- Follow all safety protocol and wear all required PPE.
- Work safely to melt metal according to manufacturing needs.
- Understand and verify alloy specifications to ensure upmost quality.
- Deliver metal to the appropriate locations in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that furnaces remain full to avoid any down time, and that furnace and ladles receive appropriate cleaning.
- Reports to: Shift Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- Must pass ATEK Molder and Melting Training to become a Certified Molder / Melter.
- Must pass ATEK Functional Job Analysis and Pre- Employment Drug Screen for the position.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
- National Career Readiness Certificate is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Frequent exposure to foundry like environment (high heat, dust, etc.).
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.