SUMMARY: Perform highly repetitive assembly involving wiring, electrical or mechanical operations on simple assemblies or sub-assemblies. Products are standardized and methods prescribed. Requires simple adjusting with liberal tolerances. Operations may involve other basic tasks incidental to assembly. May use tools, assembly jigs and fixtures. Operate one or more machines to perform simple machine operations on highly repetitive and standardized parts and detail on rubber, metal, plastic or other material.
Shifts Available: 1st
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow written Work Instructions.
- Follow the Quality Plan and support the ATEK Quality Policy.
- Check Bill of Material to determine required assembly.
- Check for adequate supplies and order any floor stock needed.
- Check that tools are available and in good condition.
- Accurate charting/record keeping. Charting of processes using check sheets, checklists, process control sheets, production run sheets, etc.
- Turn in any scrap to lead or fill out a discrepant material report (DMR)
- Report any problems to the lead or Production Supervisor.
- Clean work areas per Training Work Procedures.
- Follow all safety protocol and wear all required PPE.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Perform each duty satisfactory and have the ability to reach goals, with quality workmanship.
- Safety conscious -- working safely is a condition of employment.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides whole numbers and decimals.
- Be able to read a blueprint.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent attendance record required.
- The physical demands as described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the major responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Depending on workstation - standing, sitting, walking, stairs, lifting (weight may vary), manual dexterity. Be able to use basic hand tools.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the major responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Follow all health and safety procedures as specified in work instructions.
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
- This area can be dirty and messy. Hot in the summer. Be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted and 100 lbs with assistance. Physical job.
ATEK Access Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.