SUMMARY: Responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. This position is also responsible for developing and managing all supplier relationships.
Shifts Available: 1st
WAGE TYPE: Salary, Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Establishes and supervises production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements.
- Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
- Participates in Metrics and Quality review meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, R & D Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: General Manager
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Technical degree or vocational school training or equivalent experience is required. BS degree in business, management or other related discipline preferred.
- Five plus years working in Materials required
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Access.
- Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis.
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value.
- Leads by example and motivate people so as to create a challenging, empowering and collaborative working environment.
- Good analytical problem-solving ability.
- Able to work both individually and as a team member
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to have difficult conversations
ATEK Access Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.