SUMMARY: Quality engineering position focusing on product launches and continuous improvement of ATEK’s Quality Management System. Use customer requirements, APQP/PPAP processes and ATEK ISO 9001 QMS to facilitate product launches and continuous improvement efforts at ATEK and supplier locations.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary focus is, but not limited to, supporting product launch efforts to ensure quality principles are integrated into the launch process including APQP (PFMEA, Control Plans), PPAP and safe launch processes. Working as a customer liaison regarding quality issues both at ATEK and related supply chain organizations. Support activities related to maintaining supplier/Tier 2 quality assurance. Responsible for driving and maintaining continuous improvement efforts and statistical analysis, 8D problem solving techniques related to customer satisfaction and internal KPI goals. Support ISO initiatives and Document Control, Support CMM programming of new and existing product lines using PC-DMIS. Other Quality Tasks as required to support production, operations, safety, and overall business objectives.
- Reports to: Quality Manager
- Supervises: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Experience with APQP processes specifically related to product launches.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 9001: 2015 quality systems.
- Experience in developing and managing a supplier quality assurance system.
- Hands-on experience continuous improvement background using Six Sigma and/or Lean methodology.
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and GDT principles.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills using Six Sigma and Lean principles.
- Understanding of calibration processes and needs
- Two to five plus years operating quality measurement equipment in a production environment.
- Foundry knowledge.
- Familiar with CNC machining processes.
- Familiar with CMM, laser scanning, x-ray and LPI measurement systems.
- Certifications: Certified Quality Engineer.
- Able to make quality decisions using customer and company specifications and common sense.
- Experience with PC-DMIS or related software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Statistical process control principles using software such as Minitab.
- Works in climate controlled office 50% of time. Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including dust, heat, fumes and noise. Will travel regularly to customer and supplier sites.
- Some weekends and extra hours during the week may be asked or required based on operational/production needs.
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.