SUMMARY: Lead the company’s quality functions to include the development, implementation and maintenance of a strategic quality plan aligned with corporate business goals. Systems/functions include: Quality Systems, Quality Technicians and Supplier Representative. Position will lead the development and implementation of appropriate standards, policies, procedures, specifications, people practices and training initiatives that govern quality activities encompassing all phases of ATEK Metal Technologies’ business processes. The results of the work will be full compliance to established procedures, clearly defined specifications and traceable metrics that are customer focused.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish, implement, and maintain a comprehensive quality system that embodies all components of the company’s business processes and ensures that customer expectations are met. Drive continuous quality improvement in all aspects of our business.
- Maintain quality system to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 and serve as the quality system management representative. Lead efforts to pursue additional quality certifications as necessary to meet the growth goals of our business.
- Establish quality requirements with customers and suppliers and assure compliance with agreed requirements through regular system audits and necessary corrective action.
- Establish effective working relationships with our customers and suppliers and lead initiatives to resolve customer and supplier quality problems in a timely manner.
- Support the advanced product quality planning (APQP) process to ensure compliance to quality systems and successful integration of new products into operations.
- Supply technical assistance to the sales and operations areas in all quality aspects related to the business. “Go to” leadership role for quality expertise.
- Assist in the development of processes to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
- Actively lead and participate in key initiatives that result in quality enhancements to our products, services and work processes.
- Manage the customer return material authorization (RMA) process and decrease customer returns through internal improvements and supplier improvements.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality.
- Communicate effectively with peers, direct reports and supervisors.
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports.
- Reports to: President
- Supervises: Quality Technicians
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Bachelors degree in Quality Sciences, Engineering or comparative work in a technical field
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality Management leadership and Quality Engineering in a manufacturing or process environment.
- Strong preference for quality-related experience in a manufacturing/foundry environment
- Demonstrated experience in the effective use of quality core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, etc.).
- Experience in deploying statistical quality methods (sampling plans, DOE, Cpk, etc.)
- Understanding of metrology, with the ability to utilize several types of measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, hardness testing, x-ray and coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
- Experience with destructive and non-destructive tests on materials and parts to measure performance, life, or materials characteristics.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality standards.
- ISO9001 Quality Management System leadership experience.
- Three to five years of managerial experience, strong leadership, and relationship talent.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- PC/software literate, including use of ERP systems.
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certified.
- Experience with ISO14001, ITAR, AS9100, TS16942, ISO14981 quality systems.
- Experience with continuous improvement processes – i.e. six sigma, kaizen, lean, etc.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to write detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present quality-related information and respond to questions from a broad range of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to drive quality excellence while maintaining positive and effective relationships with peers and subordinates.
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with customers
- Works in climate controlled office 50% of time. Will have regular exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise. Will travel occasionally to customer sites.
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.