SUMMARY: Assist the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department. Maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, ensure compliance with applicable standards (GAAP). Provide timely information to the business primarily through defined processes, but occasionally via ad hoc analysis.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals. Maintain CIP records.
- Prepare month end journal entries relating to payroll, benefits, prepaids, and miscellaneous accruals.
- Reconcile bank accounts and General Ledger accounts, troubleshoot discrepancies when they arise.
- Daily AR invoicing, Customer Maintenance, and collections.
- Daily Cash application
- Prepare and compile financial package.
- Prepare and distribute expense summaries to department leaders.
- Assist Controller with maintaining Standard Cost in ERP system.
- Prepare state and use tax information as requested by 3rd Party Accounting Firm.
- Provide interim reporting on sales and returns by customer. Assist Quality with RMA process.
- Prepare information for the annual financial audits.
- Assist with payroll system and payroll related items as it relates to the general ledger.
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
- Assist Controller with annual budget preparation.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the CFO or Controller.
- Reports to: Controller
- Supervises: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Minimum associate degree in accounting is required.
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Proficient in MS Office, and highly skilled with Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical with a detail-oriented eye.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with employees and visitors
- Must be able to clearly communicate, and have excellent follow up skills.
- Microsoft Suite
- IQMS (or other ERP knowledge)
- Works in climate controlled office 90% of time. Will have some exposure to foundry environment including: dust, heat, fumes and noise.
ATEK Metal Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment.