Technical Product Specialist
SUMMARY: The Technical Product Specialist will work directly with the customer, distributor sales representative, original equipment manufacturer providing detailed quotes, CAD drawings and technical support of the product before and after installation. Create part numbers, BOMs for products in ERP system. Their main goal is to ensure maximum company profitability with continued growth of the organization by providing exceptional customer support and service.
WAGE TYPE: Salary
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting with the selection of appropriate products regarding applicable industry standards, desired outcome of application, individual product specifications and transmittal of layout drawings and/or other applicable product information.
- Building positive relationships with customers, distributors and representatives to grow and retain sales.
- Assisting with promoting products and technical editing of customer facing documentation.
- Provides customer a quotation with the selection of the most appropriate product options that are standard and custom products for their application
- Create part numbers, BOMs, CAD drawings for customers and manufacturing.
- Assists in escalated technical support to resolve issues with troubleshooting, installation questions
- Be a team player. Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation with the technical team and management to achieve departmental goals.
- Identify and develop improvements for the customer experience.
- Assists the New Product Development with new products and accessories in accordance with customer requests and competitor product mix.
- Communicates regularly with the Management Team regarding customer activity or lack thereof, changes in customer attitude, potential sales opportunities, competitive information, new product requests or any other potentially important information relating to the customer and their business.
- Ensure technical training is passed to CCT members who can become sufficient at answering customer calls and to aid customers with the initial selection of the most appropriate products and options, and technical support of the product before and after installation without escalation.
- Work on continuous improvement projects.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: Customer Care Manager
- Ability to be comfortable in dealing with domestic and international customers. Be skilled to work positively with upset and demanding customers and keep professional composure
- Must have a technical/mechanical background and be able to interpret and create technical information and drawings. Possess strong troubleshooting and process improvement skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and complete assignments in a timely manner as well as within a team or teams.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- Completion of formal technical program and 5+ years of applicable work experience interfacing with customers. Associate or Bachelor degree in applicable field or equivalent.
- Proficient with CAD to create product drawings.
- Manufacturing background preferred.
- Able to work both individually and as a team member
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Office position. No unusual or excessive physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to spend long periods of time sitting at the computer and talking on the phone.