Vice President, Information Techology
SUMMARY: The VP, Information Technology will define, manage and strategize how technology can help the company grow in scale and become more successful. This includes planning and executing projects, overseeing the infrastructure, technical operations and IT talent management.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Reports in: Director(s)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads development and implementation processes for the organization’s IT policies and systems to support the business strategies.
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- We BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- At least ten years of experience managing an IT department.
- Constant learner and proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent leadership, project management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate to tech-savvy and non-technical staff
- Works in climate-controlled office 90% of time. Will have infrequent exposure to manufacturing environment including dust, heat, fumes and noise.
- Travel as required < 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabilities